Friday, April 27, 2007

The Weight-ing Game and Other Tidbits from the Week

My name is Paula and I am a food-a-holic. There, I said it. I love food. I love to cook it and I love to eat it! I am not terribly overweight, but I have about 15-20 lbs. that I need to get rid of and I'm having a hard time doing it. I know why I can't lose it. I eat too much. I exercise several times a week. On Monday this week, I actually exercised twice, but the scale hasn't budged. When I got married, I was too skinny. Not by choice. I was just built that way--until I had kids. I've struggled with my weight ever since. It doesn't help that every woman in my husband's family wears a size 2 or 4! My Mom has told me that I'm not fat, but if she were me, she'd feel the same way in that family. Forgive my whining. I'm in a discouraging lull in my workout regimen due to having a cold for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I was healthy all winter long! But now that I have to get in shape for this Avon walk, I'm sick again. Grrrr! I am going to commit to eating healthier and less and to getting back to my exercising as soon as I feel better! I'll post if I ever lose weight. Wrong attitude... I'll post WHEN I lose weight. Better.
Last night, while cleaning up after dinner, we discovered that our Guinea Pig was dead. The M Household is a dangerous place for animals anymore. Poor Piggy (Miss Piggy, but I always called her Piggy, Piggers, Piggy Wiggy, Pig Wig, Little Pig). I guess she was just old. I don't know how old guinea pigs get, but she was 4 1/2 years old, so maybe that was it. My husband was upset because Piggy used to squeak at him every night when he'd get ready for bed. My kids weren't as upset as they were about Mr. Bo, thank goodness. I'm sad about them both. There are very empty spots in and around our house now--where Piggy's cage was in our front bathroom, where Mr. Bo slept in the garage. We have a lot of animals still in our house, though. Here's an introduction: Whiskers (or Whiskers the Wonder Cat, as I call him)--a gray cat that lounges about our house and watches the mice taunt him :) (on a side note, Poor Whiskers was at a loss when he went into the front bathroom last night and Piggy's cage was gone. And this morning, before I was up, he came into my room and meowed, which is something he never does. Death affects other animals, too). Link (Stinky Weasel to me)--an overly energetic and very aggressive ferret that belongs to my oldest daughter. I never thought I'd like a ferret, but he's fun. When he's out of his cage, he likes to get on my bed and pull off folded socks to hide them under my bed. Dude (the name says it all, so he doesn't have a nick)--a slightly annoying Border Collie, who was Mr. Bo's friend. When Mr. Bo was suffering in my driveway, Dude kept coming over to see what was wrong with him and he had a sadness in his eyes when Mr. Bo was gone. I have a greater appreciation for Dude now. I try to pet him everyday and he doesn't seem nearly as annoying as he used to. Fletch (aka, Fletchbird)--he's a cockatiel, who likes to say his own name, wolf whistle, and whistle part of the Andy Griffith theme song. He also makes little kissing noises and likes it when you make kissy noises back to him. We also have a hermit crab named Hermie, who never comes out of his shell, a hamster named Hamilton, 2 baby goats that we are bottle feeding, and lots of unwanted mice. Why can't the mice die???
I found out this week that one of the kids in our church youth group is pregnant. I was saddened, but for a different reason. Her parents are really good people and I think they've been duped by her. I don't know how they'll take this news. She has told my sister-in-law (bro's wife) that she may give the baby for adoption, but she will not abort. I hope she makes the right decision. She is so dingy (as in goofy, not dirty) that I really don't think she'd make a decent parent.
Tomorrow, I'm going to a homeschool fair and then spending the night with my husband. He has a class in the same area that I'll be. It'll be nice to have a "date" night.
Sorry to talk so long,
Paula

No comments: