I am much better today. Shannon had her baby before I went to pick up her kids, so I got the big announcement from her mom. I didn't cry. I am glad I went to my homeschool group. A friend, who has not lost a baby, called me after it was over with and asked me if I was OK with all of the babies coming into the world. I was so grateful that she thought about me, especially with her not having "been there".
When I wrote the post about my notebook I keep, I mentioned "The Valley Song" by Jars of Clay. I wrote it in my notebook the evening I found out that Blessing had died. It's a song that was popular on the Christian music station about 5 years ago. I used to listen to it and think of triplet nieces and nephew lost to my brother and sister-in-law around that time. I would always cry. Here are the words....
You have led me to the sadness, I have carried this pain
On my back, bruised, nearly broken
I'm crying out to You.
(Chorus)
I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy.
When death like a gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek Your face.
But I fear You aren't listening
Because there are no words.
Just a stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures.
I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy.
Alleluia. Alleluia.
Alleluia. Alleluia.
While we wait for the rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut.
Though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down.
I will sing of Your mercy
That brings us through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy.
Alleluia. Alleluia.
The part about death stealing what I love always got me. It's so true. I don't know at what moment death stole my babies. It was so quietly done. I am thankful, though, that life begins at conception and that my babies are alive forever, along with Ethan, Rebecca, and Brianna (my nephew and nieces), and Ricky (my nephew who died when he was 5 months old) and that I will see them again...
Paula
P.S. Angie, if you read this, I fixed it to where you could comment if you want to. You don't have to, but I realized today that you couldn't!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment